Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default range day

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 08:14:48 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 03:02:19 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 19:41:48 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 19:10:44 -0600, the infamous "Karl Townsend"
scrawled the following:

"The Kid" came out today to help with my new toy, a .308 semi auto rifle.
DPMS LR308 for those that know their rifle models. He brought his Glock 9MM
and I also got the Mini-14 (.223 semi auto) out too.

The Panther looks like a sweetheart.

We spent more than an hour sighting in the new gun on the bull bag. Its a
regular tack driver at 100 yards. Even better than my bolt action .270.

Bull bag? Oh, we have standard small sandbags at our range. I've used
them with a terrycloth towel. I can see how the suede cover and the x
shape of a Browning bulls bag would be better.

I use standard old blue jean pants legs filled with clean sandbox sand.

Sew up one end, sew up all but a smidgen of the other end and fill with
a funnel, then hand stitch the last little bit.

A 50lb bag of sandbox sand makes a ****load of sandbags, all different
shapes and sizes.

Bueno, bwana.

Q: have you ever tried the Browning Bulls bags, withe the X shape and
suede top? Do they work that much better?

They work marvelously on shooting rests, clean bench tops and whatnot.

They are however..a bit expensive, so Ive never personally owned any.
Several of my friends have more money than good sense however and own
them. They are quite satisfied with them.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton