Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default range day

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 09:44:13 -0600, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

Bull bag? Oh, we have standard small sandbags at our range. I've used
them with a terrycloth towel. I can see how the suede cover and the x
shape of a Browning bulls bag would be better.

I use standard old blue jean pants legs filled with clean sandbox sand.

Sew up one end, sew up all but a smidgen of the other end and fill with
a funnel, then hand stitch the last little bit.

A 50lb bag of sandbox sand makes a ****load of sandbags, all different
shapes and sizes.

Gunner

I like the way you say "Clean Sandbox Sand", spoken like a man that has
cats!

Humm...kitty litter works too..but if you get it wet...it really makes
shooting bags get heavy...really really really heavy.

So No Silicone Playground Sand is the best. Though I had a friend that
made em up from dried beans. once......Worked pretty good until he put
em away after getting caught in a rain burst..and a week later the
damned things broke through the canvas and started sprouting. It was
rather neat to see.

He wasnt amused..but he never did have much of a sense of humor....

Hmm. Time for me to fess up. I used a 50 lb. bag of tankage for my bull bag.
Tankage is the leftovers from butchering dried and ground. makes a great
deer repellant. Get it wet and you'll run for cover if you don't puke first.

Karl

ROFLMAO! Thats cool! Neat Christmas presents for your friends too!

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton