Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default range day

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 13:20:47 -0600, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

There are sources on the net..or in Shotgun News for bullets for the
308. The pulled 148gr slugs are often a decent deal..and Accurate Arms
makes powder that works fine in the case..and cost about 25-50% less
than other brands.

Man, I got a lot to learn. I've already ordered some once used brass and 150
grain FMJ bullets. I see four powders offerred for 308
(2230,2460,2495,2520). Too much info for a clueless newbie, but I'd like to
reload .223 also with the same powder. Keep in mind I have no intention of
competing in shooting matches, just want quality servicable ammunition.
Would you go with 2520???

http://www.accuratepowder.com/data/A...escription.pdf

Or maybe 2460???

http://www.accuratepowder.com/data/A...escription.pdf

I didn't see prices. Should i just price compare?

Karl

Ive got xx pounds of 2520 G And will be needing to buy another keg or
two in the next year or so

2460 is a good powder..but its for lighter bullets. As I often load
190grainers in the 06, etc etc...its a bit too fast for my personal
comfort. As long as you use it only in the .223 (5.56) and the 308,
you should be in good shape.

Find which ever is the best price at the moment and buy a pound of each,
try em in your particular weapons, and pick the one you like.

Btw..ball powders meter like water..every charge will be dead nuts to
the next.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton