Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Small battery backup?

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 10:00:08 -0500, aemeijers
wrote:

[snip]

It would for me. A couple of my clocks have 9v backup in theory, but the
'low batt' light comes on in a month.

A backup battery should last a few years (unless you have a lot of
power outages, of have one that uses the battery for an alarm).

I have several clocks with backup batteries. They usually run fast
when on battery (for example: clock set right before 1-hour power
outage at 2:00, when power comes on clock shows 3:24 instead of 3:00).
However, the problem isn't too bad during an outage of just a few
seconds.

BTW, at least Daylight Saving Time is good for SOMETHING, an
opportunity to correct those clock drifts.

The biggest problem here is equipment I want on but it suffers from
"power amnesia". Most TVs and many other devices with electronic
controls have this problem.

[snip]

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"How could you ask me to believe in God when there's
absolutely no evidence that I can see?" -- Jodie Foster