Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Rank Arena Widescreen CRT

Meat Plow wrote:

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:29:38 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Meat Plow wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Ever seen a klystrode?

And you need to know why?

Then that's a NO.

Wouldn't matter one way or the other because you were going to tell me
about a klystrode regardless.

The Klystrode 'was' the replacement for Klystrons in UHF TV
transmitters, but was short lived because new designs switched to all
solid state. They were more efficient than the Klystron, and cut the
electric bill by thousands of dollars a month. A technology between
the two tubes was to add a 'Pulser' to a Klystron to lower the electric
bill.

I'll remember that the next time I apply for an engineer position at a
UHF TV station.

They will laugh in your face if you aren't familiar with the new
Harris solid state transmitters.

BTW, I found four high power GE X Ray heads yesterday. They use
about 100 KV DC to power them. Heavy *******s, with cooling fans. I
wonder if the store has any idea what they are really work, or just how
dangerous?