Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default range day

There are sources on the net..or in Shotgun News for bullets for the
308. The pulled 148gr slugs are often a decent deal..and Accurate Arms
makes powder that works fine in the case..and cost about 25-50% less
than other brands.

Man, I got a lot to learn. I've already ordered some once used brass and 150
grain FMJ bullets. I see four powders offerred for 308
(2230,2460,2495,2520). Too much info for a clueless newbie, but I'd like to
reload .223 also with the same powder. Keep in mind I have no intention of
competing in shooting matches, just want quality servicable ammunition.
Would you go with 2520???

http://www.accuratepowder.com/data/A...escription.pdf

Or maybe 2460???

http://www.accuratepowder.com/data/A...escription.pdf

I didn't see prices. Should i just price compare?

Karl