Doug Miller

Default *** Mini FAQ for Rec.Woodworking *** 139

In article , Scott Cramer wrote:
SWMBO's mother insisted that the thing needed 9 hours in the oven,
based on last year's bird, which she felt had been undercooked. Not that
SHE had had anything to do with it, mind you.

It was done in 7. We turned off the oven, and left it in to stay
warm. By the time dinner was ready to put on the table, the meat was
falling off the bones, and a bit dry. Fortunately, there was plenty of
wine with dinner to help wash it down.

Try microwaving it -- best turkey you will ever eat. Soft and juicy, not a bit
dried out. And takes less than two hours, even for a 20+ pound bird.