Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Chimney caps

On Nov 14, 11:25*pm, " wrote:
Have a curiosity question that I hope the gurus can help me with. *My
house has *the typical clay chimney surrounded by brick. *It does not
have one of those aluminum caps. *The house apparently went decades
with out one. *On my street I say only 50% of the houses have chimney
caps.
How vital are these caps? *Are they vital?
I'm not comfortable going up there myself, so I'll to pay someone, and
unfortunately they'll charge a pretty penny just for a small job.

Thank you

After pulling alive out of the fireplace, 2 pigeons and one sparrow,
and having a Racoon live in the chimney that even went right back in
after I smoked him out with paper, I gota cap, it also keeps rain out
and maybe makes your liner last longer.