Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Small battery backup?

On Nov 15, 1:35*am, Mary Carlson wrote:
I live in a remote mountain area where brief electricity outages of just
a few seconds occur several times a week. *Resetting the clocks on small
appliances (microwave, coffee maker, answering machine, etc) has become
an all but useless task. *Does anyone know of a very small battery
backup or UPS of some sort that would be suitable for this application?
* * * * * * * *I don't need enough power to run the appliance, multiple
outlets, or anything like that . . . I just want to keep the power from
being interrupted so I won't have to reset everything every time the
electricity goes out for a second.

TIA for any information anyone might be able to provide.

I used to have several outages like that a week, it was a loose
conection where power came to the house. For only a few seconds a
week, maybe wind is affecting cables that need attention. The power co
checks this stuff for free, call them and have them figure exactly
what is the cause. You probably dont need to buy anything to get good
power.