Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Noisy door knob

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Nov 14, 10:08 am, terry wrote:

...snip...

... local Fire Depts, at one time encouraged the use of a round
red symbol facing outward on the window of any bedroom with a child/
children in it.

My local volunteer fire dept used to give out "Child Finder" stickers
for windows, but they stopped many years ago.

It seems that so many people moved or the kids moved out/grew up or
whatever that the odds of a child actually being in the room with the
sticker were getting smaller and smaller. People put the stickers up
when they had kids, but never removed them when they were no longer
needed. The fireman were entering homes based on the stickers instead
of fighting the fire the way the fire was telling them to. Now I guess
they follow standard procedures unless they are told or have good
reason to believe that a certain room contains kids.

Perhaps a fire fighting member of this group could verify/debunk that
assumption.

Not a fire fighter, but I remember reading press releases that agree
with your scenario. Seems to me that putting the year on the sticker
would solve most of the problem. Any sticker over 3-4 years old could be
ignored. Probably a moot point, though, since they have to clear the
entire building anyway, and it is very seldom a situation where they can
only pick one room to enter.

--
aem sends...