Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default dryer problem

Mikepier wrote:
On Nov 14, 10:12 pm, dpb wrote:
Joe wrote:
My old Kenmore electric dryer stopped turning off and stopped emitting
heat, all at once. I put a load in before bed and woke up with it
still spinning, cold. Do I have one problem to fix, or two?

Probably one if had set on auto cycle.

--

Sounds like the timer. When it reaches the end, the heat stops and is
suppose to air dry for like a minute or so. You notice the dial is at

Oh, I would easily believe one of those 'auto sensor' things acting
up.The dryer came with this house, and when I saw that setting, I of
course tried it. Damn drier never shut off, and on mine, didn't turn the
heat down either. One of these days I need to field-strip that thing, or
pay somebody to do it, and fix the squeaky rollers and remove the 20
pounds of lint probably stuck inside, but until then, I just set it for
40 minutes or so, and keep restarting it as needed. (cleaning the lint
catcher each time, of course.)

--
aem sends...