Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Windmill go boom

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 15:54:35 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 11:26:07 -0800 (PST), RicodJour
wrote:

Posted in another newsgroup. You don't get an idea of the scale of
the thing until it goes over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3FZtmlHwcA

Maybe it needed an oil change :-)

How they knew this would happen and caught it on video is be beyond
me.

For those with dial-up, the video is only 40 seconds long....

I was wondering the same thing. It is evident that the support was struck by
something, either shot into it or flung by the blade. I have to wonder if
this was to be replaced and they did a destructive test on it.

I was thinking "test", but the sound and power of the wind makes me
think otherwise. It looked like a powerful storm.

The title of the video indicates "turbine going wild".

This video is a "smoker"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N4HQv-UyUo&NR=1