Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Windmill go boom

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 14:38:08 -0600, dpb wrote:

mm wrote:
And how did a goose breaking a blade bread the whole mast?

Like another, w/ dialup I don't even try video, but if it were the
initiating event one would presume it would be the resulting imbalanced
load caused the other failures.

Well it was interesting, since all the blades seemed to break and fly
off at once, within a second or two. I would have expected some
flexing rather than breaking in the second or two. The mast, you know
about two or three feet by one foot, with rounded sides, broke off a
little over half way up.

Until the operating utility/vendor has/have done detailed analysis it's
probably premature to project what was the root cause.

I wasn't there either, so I can only guess.