jo4hn

Default *** Mini FAQ for Rec.Woodworking *** 139

Maggy cooks her birds in a brown paper grocery bag. Holds the juices in
but breathes well. Juicy and tender and ... think I'll just go have a
turkey and cranberry sandwich. Mas tarde.
mahalo,
jo4hn

Scott Cramer wrote:
[snip]
SWMBO's mother insisted that the thing needed 9 hours in the oven,
based on last year's bird, which she felt had been undercooked. Not that
SHE had had anything to do with it, mind you.

It was done in 7. We turned off the oven, and left it in to stay
warm. By the time dinner was ready to put on the table, the meat was
falling off the bones, and a bit dry. Fortunately, there was plenty of
wine with dinner to help wash it down.