Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_9_] SteveB[_9_] is offline

Default Wood Splitting

"Erik" wrote in message
Hi all,

Came across this wood splitting video... the guy has a clever way of
keeping things contained with a Bungee cord and little length of rope:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVSwI...notation_67186
0&feature=iv

Sorry if this is common knowledge... I have almost zero wood
chopping/splitting experience, but thought it to be a good idea!

Erik

Works fine on those smooth pieces of wood with no branch burls in there.
Get something that isn't straight grained, and it wouldn't work worth a
darn. Not all firewood rounds are the clean ones like those free of grain
that will make it very difficult to split.

And why would one want to work so hard when a splitter saves so much work?
I had heart surgery. I ain't swinging no maul. Get yo mama to split the
wood.

Steve