Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default 18v drill recommendations

js.b1 wrote:
I must be falling asleep, doing DIY every spare minute.

For about £119-129 you can get a heavy duty Makita with 2x 2.6Ah NiMH.
Most DIYers avoid NiMH because of the self-discharge (flat when you
need them), but battery capacity 2.0Ah is very welcome if you need it
- waiting for piddling 1.3Ah batteries to recharge gets "old" after a
time particularly when you are down to two or one of them.

I found the 2.6Ah Ni-Mh batts on my Makita combi were surprisingly good
in that respect. Even after a month of no use there was typically enough
left to get on with.

--
Cheers,

John.