Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Is an RCBO an adequate replacement for an isolator?

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Tim W" wrote in message
Owain
wibbled on Friday 13 November 2009 10:11

On 12 Nov, 22:37, "Doctor Drivel" wrote:
A radial with only 8 sockets on it, maximum, and rated to 16A is
safer
when abused.

But absolutely useless for practical purposes. We'd end up like the
Americans, having to work out which combinations of sockets and
appliances don't trip anything.

I didn't think ring abuse was that widespread so as to be a problem.

Owain

I'm doing that at the moment, running my entire house (bar water
heater) off
1 32A temp ring and a rather unhealthy assortment of extension leads.

SWMBO's been "instructed" as to which fan heater to turn off to run,
say the
washing machine...

And this is lecturing people on electricity. Amazing. The man is a
walking fire hazard.

It seems every time you open your mouth, it is only to stick your foot
further in.

Yes, further into the mouth of idiot.

At last we are in agreement.

--