Posted to uk.d-i-y
Les Desser Les Desser is offline

Default Is an RCBO an adequate replacement for an isolator?

In article , Tim W
Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:03:11 writes

A standard radial 13A socket circuit (ie IEE definition of standard)
may include:

20A radial with many sockets;

You have just answered a problem that has been nagging at the back of my
mind.

Recently one of my rings developed a short under a concrete slab so I
had to create a break in the ring.

I was wondering how to make it legal but then forgot about it.

So if I fuse each leg at 20A it should be OK.

In fact if I fuse both combined at 20A that should also be legal. (Not
sure if I still have a spare way in my old box)

Just got to go and find some of the old large brown Crabtree MCBs.
Anyone know off hand what I need to Google for?
--
Les Desser
(The Reply-to address IS valid)