Posted to alt.home.repair
frank1492 frank1492 is offline

Default Order of Operations to Refinish Table Top - DSCF4160 (Small).JPG (0/1)

Thank you all for your excellent (and detailed) suggestions. It would
be impossible for me to comment on each suggestion but I should be
honest and tell you that I do not have the time or the inclination to
get this "compliment" perfect.
I noted Baron's comments in particular because he referred to the
wood bleach. I will try to get a picture and a link for you all so you
can see that the black staining is rather severe and that the wood
(without finish) is scaly in some places. Sanding alone will not do
the trick I am sure- there must be solvent used to get the surface of
the table uniform. I have noted your comments about stain/poly combos.
Thanks all again. I will most likely rely on a combination of your
various advices.
Frank