Posted to sci.electronics.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Printer Overhauls?

Per Jeff Liebermann:

See the title on the above PDF page. It how to print a configuration
page. You've done that. Congrats. Now, please read the first page
and kindly disclose how many pages your printer has run.

Page Count: 9680
Pages Since Last Maintenance = 9680

2. Are there any stripes on the *BACK* of the page?

Yes, but very faint - maybe 5% of what's on the front.

That's enough. There's toner all over the transfer roller and
probably the red rubber roller in the fuser assembly. Cleanup time.

Those instructions are about as clear as you're going to find. I'll
see if I can find something better or with larger images, but for now,
that all there is.

I wouldn't say toner is "all over" by any means, but there is
some on one of the rollers - which, when I eyeball it, looks
suspiciously like the pattern on the pages. I *think* it's the
transfer roller.

The transfer roller is directly under the toner cartridge. Keep your
finger oils off the foam. Only handle my the metal ends.

4. Is this with a new toner cartridge? Have you tried a different
toner cartridge? Did the stripes start when you replaced the toner
cartridge?

Thanks for the help. You have de-mystified this issue for me.

I'm beginning to think you may be out of your depth. You're not
answering my questions, you seem reluctant to volunteer info, and the
few answers you supply are unrelated to the question.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by
misunderstanding, stupidity, or incompetence."

Not reluctant, probably out of my depth.

I write software for a living... so I'm not dumb or, at least,
not *too* dumb. Incompetent in the context of printers: for
sure.

But thanks for all the effort you've contributed.

Once I get to end-game, I'll let everybody know how it came out -
not that anybody probably cares... but it seems like the right
thing to do.
--
PeteCresswell