Posted to uk.d-i-y
JimK[_2_] JimK[_2_] is offline

Default 18v drill recommendations

On 14 Nov, 18:29, "js.b1" wrote:
I must be falling asleep, doing DIY every spare minute.

For about £119-129 you can get a heavy duty Makita with 2x 2.6Ah NiMH.

got a link plse?

Most DIYers avoid NiMH because of the self-discharge (flat when you
need them), but battery capacity 2.0Ah is very welcome if you need it
- waiting for piddling 1.3Ah batteries to recharge gets "old" after a
time particularly when you are down to two or one of them.

charge time for the "piddlies" is only 50 mins - apparently... plus no
self discharge waiting in the cupboard.

I was well impressed with how much could be done with the 18v Li Ion
kit the builder had compared to my no/low name gear...but his setup
cost £600+ a bit beyond justficiation for me (+ possibly OP?)

JimK