Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Door Frame Weatherstripping Question??

On Nov 13, 8:49*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Nov 13, 8:45*pm, (MICHELLE H.) wrote:

Here is a pic of the closest thing I can find to it. This is the shape
that it was, but without that thin foam sticking out of the side. It
looked like just the wood part, even though the wood was alot thinner,
and it was wrapped in vinyl and foam.

http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/64131/...7/Weatherstrip...

Home Depot sells that type of weatherstripping in a couple of
different flavors. *Here's one:
*Weather-r-strip Portaseal
Model # 2-WS
Store SKU # 533581

They also have something very similar, but it's aluminum with the
flexible stuff.

Zero International has a slew of door seals, many that would fit your
application. *They would be more money, and might be tougher to locate
where you are.http://www.zerointernational.com/cat...e.aspx?page=28

The stuff is all over the internet:http://www.draftseal.com/productlist.php?prlid=3

You have to understand that the people that work at the big box stores
don't know all of the stuff in their store, many have never installed
the product in question and will commonly be mislead by an _exact and
complete description_! *My sympathies. *The stuff is in stock in your
Home Depot. *Ask for the weatherstripping section, the stuff is
standing upright in a rack on a shelf, and the inventory will be all
mixed up. *Keep looking - it'll be there.

I wouldn't be so fussy about what kind you use, as long as it is easy
to install and seals against air flow. My guess is that they don't
make what you described any more as better (cheaper) products have
evolved.

Bob Hofmann