Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
Shaun Shaun is offline

Default Clamp meters: Peak vs. In-rush?

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"Andy is a ****ing Tenth Wit "

Shaun is correct in his assessment of inrush current being at a
maximum if the breaker is closed at a zero crossing of voltage.

** Fraid he said the direct opposite - pal.

" Switch on power at or close to the voltage maximum on the AC sinewave
creates the biggest transient .. "

Stinking ****WITS like YOU have no reason to live.

Top yourself, ASAP

Rat bait would be ideal.

And appropriate.

... Phil

I looked up inrush current for transformers and I stand corrected, it's
maximum will occur at the voltage zero crossing point. I thought it was the
same as an L R circuit in which case if switch closes as the peak of the ac
waveform it causes the maximum transient.

Shaun

BTW: Phil you are very RUDE!!