Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts David WE Roberts is offline

Default cheapest non-flammable roofing

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message , David WE Roberts
writes
Hi,

pricing up my ongoing shed project and I need some non-flammable roofing.

As far as I can see this is tiles or metal sheet.

Has anyone done recent research on the costs of materials?
I am looking for the cheapest way to roof the shed.
It has to be non-flammable as it is less than 1 metre from the boundary.

You could use composite steel roofing.

Not cheap but it is light, can be used at 15 deg. pitch. Meets the fire
regs. resists condensation and there is a choice of colours.

I have an idea you reside in my neck of the woods and I have some off cuts
if you wanted a sample.

Thanks - I live in Felixstowe, Suffolk.

Although steel roofing is cheaper than tiles, I am currently considering a
temporary fix to allow me to reclaim the tiles from the old garage when it
is demolished.

Will let you know if I am veering back towards a metal roof :-)