Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Remote control lighting

rile wrote:
On Nov 12, 9:46 pm, "WW" wrote:
"rile" wrote in message

My son has a shed for his dogs along with a fenced in area outside
it. He'd like to install a floodlight on the shed so he can check on
the dogs at night. Is there a remote control system that he can use
inside his house to turn on the lights when needed? The shed is about
150 feet from his house.
Any suggestions?

How are you going to power the lights? If you already have a line run from
the house, put a switch at the house end. ww

There is power to the shed. He'd like to turn on the light late at
night while in his bed near the window. Lazy I know but that's the
idea.

Photocell, relay, and strong flashlight? Set it up so first hit from the
light turns the relay on, and the second turns it back off? Put the
photocell at the bottom of a foot-long pipe aimed at the house bedroom
window, to reduce nuisance switching?

Just an idea....

--
aem sends...