Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Bon voyage, Luigi!

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:43:49 -0600, the infamous Swingman
scrawled the following:

WW wrote:
"Swingman" wrote in message
In case you haven't heard, one of brethren wooddorkers is taking a wee
trip:

http://pickuptruckdiaries.wordpress.com/

Wish him well ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Have an interesting trip. I did one on a motorcycle from Colorado to south
of Mexico City and back up the west coast. 16 days 6000 miles. Only problem
was I only spoke English. WW

Those types of tales puts me in mind of Paul Theroux's "The Old
Patagonian Express", wherein he tells the tale of traveling by train
from Boston to Patagonia. To this day my favorite travel anthology, and
author of same.

I took a decidedly unauthorized trip to Mexico City at the age of 16
myself.

Later, it took me three years to make it around the world, twice ... the
wanderlust remains unquenched, and that over 40 years ago.

Basically, with the last kid now out of college, I wouldn't have turned
down the job as Luigi's navigator.

Yeah, but he already HAS a winch.

--
You know, in about 40 years, we'll have literally thousands of
OLD LADIES running around with TATTOOS, and Rap Music will be