Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Looking at Cable TV options

Phisherman wrote:
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:14:24 -0800 (PST), RickH
wrote:

On Nov 11, 7:48 am, "desgnr" wrote:
What is best ?
Comcast Cable TV or Satellite TV
If Satellite which provider is best deal ?

--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz

If you need internet access, Comcast is blazingly fast, the satellite
companies all partner with the local telco and provide DSL.

If it were not for the excellent Internet access I get, I would
probably opt for satellite, but I need a real fast Internet and I
added phone to get the triple play bundle.

Comcast recently went all digital with all channels except those you
can get locally with an antenna, what that means is you can use your
CATV tuners to get local channels with no converter box. All other
channels require some kind of Comcast converter box (2 are free, the
rest you rent).

No matter who you get, it will be a love/hate relationship.

Comcast Internet: $55 a month and $50 installation
AT&T DSL Lite: $20 a month, free self-install.

I asked Comcast why they do not compete with AT&T's DSL lite? She
told me they need the money to feed their families. I told her I do
too.

I wish AT&T would expand their DSL circle another half-mile to include
my house. I know the outside plant involved, and know it would work fine
here. But since the abortive (around here, at least)U-verse rollout, I
think any DSL expansion is frozen. I had to go with a 3rd party DSL
provider on a dry pair, at twice what ATT would charge for the same
speed. And around here, Comcast bends you over- their service is 20-30
bucks more expensive.

--
aem sends...