Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default gasoline for lawnmower

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:27:53 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

It is my understanding on smaller engines the 92 octane is a far too
rich to be used perhaps causing the engine to run too hot?

Rich? Please define what you mean by rich.

And in my
area finding the ethanol-free gas is getting extremely difficult.

If you RTFM, on most small engines, 87 octane is the highest recommended.
But who reads those? Now, I said MOST. That does not mean ALL. If you
have any doubt, just look in that little paper manual that came with the
machine. Remember that? No. Oh, well, you can download one.

Steve