Posted to alt.home.repair
IGot2P[_2_] IGot2P[_2_] is offline

Default Hanging a split jamb prehung door problem

Jack wrote:
For the life of me, I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong while
hanging the door. The bottom of the door hits the striker side first
with about an 1" gap at the top. The hinge side is plumb. The walls
appear to be plumb and flat. The door slab itself is not warped.

I've never installed a door before, so any advice would be appreciated.

If by the "bottom of the door hits the striker side fist with about an
1" gap at the top" you actually mean that the bottom of the door hits
the "doorstop" and the top is 1" away from the top of the doorstop then
the jam (and probably also the wall) on the striker side is NOT plumb.

Don