Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_5_] Steve Barker[_5_] is offline

Default Arc-fault breaker on troffer lights tripping

Jack wrote:
I've got a HomeLine 20 amp Arc-fault breaker that intermittently trips
on a circuit that has troffer lights. Is this a common problem?? There
are two 3-way switches controlling the lights. When I turn on the
lights, the breaker may trip. I try to reset the breaker, but it will
continue to trip until I shut the light switch off.

Not sure how to fix this, or if I should just replace the arc-fault
breaker with a regular 20 amp breaker. Thanks for your advice.

Replace the breaker. They are not needed. We went nearly a century of
electricity without them. They are nothing but a BIG ASS WASTE of money.