Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is an RCBO an adequate replacement for an isolator?

In article ,
Tim W wrote:
You clearly have a little clue. No one else adopted our ring system.
Amazing eh!

IIRC our ring system was primarily adopted as a way to turn a couple of
15A radials into a 30A circuit with more 13A sockets on - ie an upgrade
path without the need to throw away a couple of perfectly good bits of
whatever the imperial of 2.5mm2 was. It also saved on copper.

Anyway, a system that allows loads of sockets, and upto 2 and a bit
heavy appliances and umpteen million trivial devices to be plugged in at
random locations without having to use a rediculously massive cable is a
pretty good system.

It's the envy of many. A pal visiting from the US couldn't believe just
how flexible it was - he'd been told we still used lots of different plug
sizes. And was most impressed with how quick you could boil water in an
electric kettle.

But all this thread shows is dribble knows even less about house wiring
than heating...

--
*Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.