Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hanging a split jamb prehung door problem

On Nov 12, 11:40*am, "Jack" wrote:
For the life of me, I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong while hanging
the door. *The bottom of the door hits the striker side first with about an
1" gap at the top. *The hinge side is plumb. *The walls appear to be plumb
and flat. *The door slab itself is not warped.

I've never installed a door before, so any advice would be appreciated.

New construction or replacing an existing door? Off hand I'd say the
walls are not square. Run a string down the wall at the top and
bottom on both sides.