Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,triangle.general
Elmo[_5_] Elmo[_5_] is offline

Default Who knows about Garage Doors fixing..

Jim wrote:
wrote:

Tony wrote:
Jack Valance wrote:
I got 2 2' 1 1/2 smooth rounds for this. I just got to know about the
perticulars.. I'm cut back 3days a week and I sure ain't got $75 to pay
somebody.
Hell it can't be rocket science,
Acutally I found a guy at work who use to do this, he is coming over
Thursday and do it.. Gonna give him $40 to do it.
Glad you found someone with experience. Seriously, I feel better now.

I hope he has homeowner's insurance to cover it in case it turns out
the guy from work is the one that gets injured. If you hire a real
door company and make sure they are insured, you're pretty much off
the hook if they get hurt or killed.

I do lots of my own work myself. I draw the line when it comes to
getting some other uninsured amature involved, particularly having
them do something that is known to be potentially dangerous

pretty sad how this thread went from someone asking how to do something
to concerns over issues of liabilities.

I still enjoy the imaginary illusions of this once having been a nation
of people who took responsibility for their own actions.

Sad indeed. Even worse is how having insurance can be its own liability.
A friend works for a court reporting service and while I can never be
told the details of some of the depositions that are taken, I do get to
hear some appalling stories which all too often involve a person who
ends up as the plaintiff in a lawsuit against a friend or relative because
an insurance company wants to get someone else to pay for the bills from
an event that they had agreed to provide coverage for.

--
The world began without the human race and will certainly end without it.