Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_9_] SteveB[_9_] is offline

Default Fox busted again

"XR650L_Dave" wrote in message
On Nov 12, 12:43 am, "SteveB" wrote:
"Hawke" wrote in message

Thanks to the Daily show another fast one attempted by Fox News has been
busted. Michelle Bachman, a representative from Minnesota, tried to get
people to come to Washington to pressure congressmen not to vote for
health care reform. On Fox News they showed shots of the crowd, and in
the
attempt to make it look much bigger than it really was, they spliced in
pictures from another crowd on another day that was much larger. It was
clear deception intended to make Bachman's turn out look much larger
than
it really was. Unfortunately for them John Stewart noticed the actual
crowd scene was not the one that happened several months ago. Trees and
the weather were different. So once again more proof that Fox News has a
conservative agenda it's aggressively pushing has come to light. Fox
News...Busted! Quit calling it news.

Hawke

Yeah. I want to see some more news like the sparklers that set off the gas
tanks. And the falsified Bush military records. "Real news"

Does indictment of other news outlets somehow make fox less culpable,
or more honest?

Dave

What really makes the difference is for them to come right out as soon as
the error was realized and make an apology. Which is what they did LAST
evening. And not to go with the story until months or years later when some
independent investigator finally brings in the smoking gun. There is no
honesty. But there is responsibility when a person or agency stands up
quickly and said, We screwed up. I think the canned footage in question was
of very little value to the story, and the opposition was just nit picking.
At the end of the apology, Fox commended the other "journalists" (gag, gag,
gag) on watching their station so closely and for so long.

Steve