Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_2_] Tim W[_2_] is offline

Default Is an RCBO an adequate replacement for an isolator?

Doctor Drivel
wibbled on Thursday 12 November 2009 17:58

You clearly have a little clue. No one else adopted our ring system.
Amazing eh!

IIRC our ring system was primarily adopted as a way to turn a couple of 15A
radials into a 30A circuit with more 13A sockets on - ie an upgrade path
without the need to throw away a couple of perfectly good bits of whatever
the imperial of 2.5mm2 was. It also saved on copper.

Anyway, a system that allows loads of sockets, and upto 2 and a bit heavy
appliances and umpteen million trivial devices to be plugged in at random
locations without having to use a rediculously massive cable is a pretty
good system.

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...