Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts David WE Roberts is offline

Default cheapest non-flammable roofing

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
Hi,

pricing up my ongoing shed project and I need some non-flammable roofing.

As far as I can see this is tiles or metal sheet.

Has anyone done recent research on the costs of materials?
I am looking for the cheapest way to roof the shed.
It has to be non-flammable as it is less than 1 metre from the boundary.

Shed is 7.75m * 3.5m so the roof area should be around 28 sq metres.
In Marly Acme single camber clay tiles this equates to around 1500 tiles.
Prices for new tiles don't seem to be available online but used tiles are
coming up (in various far flung locations) at around 20p to 30p a tile.
This means that I am looking at £300 to £450 just for the tiles if I can
find the right quantity of used tiles.

This is pushing the price of the shed up a lot.
So I am looking for an alternative!