Posted to alt.home.repair
Somebody Somebody is offline

Default Question about replacing SHower Drain??

Oops... bad link... should have been THIS:

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/med...ower-drain.jpg

"Somebody" wrote in message
Hi,

I have one of those el-cheapo one piece plastic (or whatever it is) shower
/ bath-tub enclosures. Need to replace the shower drain since the
0.000000001mm (LOL) "chrome" coating has come off and it looks all rusty.
The style I have is similar to this one:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationP...hu_Hawaii.html

Has nothing to do with Hawaii, etc. thats just the one google showed me
.

As you can see, there are no screws, etc... just the metal "X" at the
bottom.

Do these screw out from the top? Or does changing them requiring something
crazy like ripping out the shower or something?

How do you unscrew those? The metal "X" at the bottom seems kind of
fragile. Is there a special tool or something?