Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Looking at Cable TV options

On Nov 11, 4:34*pm, "John D99" wrote:
....snip...

Are your kids going to search out books that promote homosexuality?

===
They might very well search them out.
==

Interesting response.

==
In what way? You asked if my kids were going to search them out and I
simply answered that they might. A pretty uninteresting response if
you ask me.
===

It was "interesting" becasue you said *your kids "might very well search
them out", refering to books that promote homosexuality.

Yep, that's what I said and I still claim it's a pretty uninteresting
response. You asked if my kids might search them out and I said they
might. If you asked me if they might search out books on car repair,
I'd say they might. The Pursuit of Allah...they might. Chiropractic
treatment of cancer in invertebrates...they might. They might search
out books on any and all subject matters and that, my friend, is their
God given right.

Let's see...

- I've searched out books on space travel...that didn't turn me into
an astronaut.
- I've searched out books on life in the Arctic... that didn't turn me
into an Eskimo.
- I've search out books on woodworking and God knows that didn't turn
me into a cabinetmaker.

You read way too much into the simplest statements.

That is not a response that an average father would give in reference to his
children.

Got any data to back that up?

....snip...

Like most normal people, I want my kids, and others, to be intersted in
pursuing a healthy normal life.

From what you have written here, you see things otherwise.

How does anything I've said here lead you to that conclusion? Point
out one instance where I said, or even implied, that I want anything
other than "a healthy normal life" for my children - or others?

Do you have to search out TV programming that does the same, or is it
more
and more commonly just stuck into story lines?

===
I better stop the newspaper delivery and turn off the radio too. I
better block internet access to every news network, TV station and
radio station website too. There just might be a story about Gay
Rights that might influence my kids.
===
You're confused.
We're not talking about "gay rights". We're talking about people beiong
propagandised into thinking homosexual activity is normal.-

==
What? How can you possibly separate the 2?
==

OK, now you're saying it's ok to propagandize people into thinking
homosexuality is normal.

There you go again, putting words in my mouth. I'm not going to bother
defending myself against something I didn't say.

I don;t think that is, and I think people can respect the human rights of
hmosexuals, without regarding the activity as being normal, or desireable,
particularly for their children.

Let me try your technique...

Then it's OK for me to regard the activity differently for others than
I would for my own children. Now wouldn't that be just a tad
hypocritical? What would my children think of me then?

Do you actually have kids, or you pretending to in order to argue soemthing
that is a personal agenda to you?

Look, since you're so good at twisting words and coming to conclusions
that have no basis in what was actually said, you should be able to
answer that question on your own. Besides, it wouldn't matter how I
answered; it appears you've already made up your mind.

You know, it could be that I just like to argue. I once searched out a
book on our court system and I think it turned me into a lawyer.

....snip...