Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default Rank Arena Widescreen CRT

On 11 nov, 12:19, Sylvia Else wrote:

The switching transistor for the EHT transformer has no base drive. I
traced backwards through a transformer, another bibolar transistor, a
pair of FETs, a pair of bipolar transistors and ultimately reached two
outputs from the programmable LSI circuit. So the reason there was no
EHT was that the outputs from the LSI were unchanging. I surmise that it
had probably detected some fault, and disabled the EHT for that reason,
but since it's programmable, I have no way of determining what it might
be objecting to.

if you had checked the RGB and frame stages, I'm sure you would have
found something amiss causing the set to prevent the EHT starting.
This sounds like a classic case of 'don't look for the fire, look for
the boy with the matches' . Still, another one for landfill :-(

-B