Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G. Greg G. is offline

Default O/T: One Down

basilisk said:

"Greg G." wrote in message
.. .
Morris Dovey said:

Greg G. wrote:

I also don't want to live at the horrific densities of Hong Kong - or
New York City, for that matter. Good God, man, do you not realize the
problems China (and others) have faced concerning overpopulation?

People /do/ seem to huddle together.

Some people...
A nubile waif, a fifth of Knob Creek and 50 acres are plenty for me.
And maybe a talking parrot. ;-)

I hear yah,
I can't imagine living in sight of another dwelling, unfortunatley in the
winter, if I look hard enough I can see someone elses security light
and sometimes hear their dog bark. It doesn't qualify for rural anymore.

I have and do, but not by choice. Economies and such...
Prefer to see stars and critters, not police choppers, gray air, and
stray bullets. Run the tablesaw at 4:00AM? Cut up bowl blanks at
6:00am? Play music at 1:00AM? No worries - no complaints.

It makes a person self reliant, my truck is the fastest ambulance around,
there are no police prowling around and if you start a fire you better be
equipped to put it out.

Self-reliant - Ha! The city dwellers I know here aren't much help
anyway - assuming they show when you mention installing a transmission
or humping a stack of shingles. But who do they call when their car
breaks down? Last 5'2" girlfriend was handier than the guys I know.
If it weren't for a hoist/chain lift and a strong back nothing would
get done. A friend got married years back and I suggested replacing
rusty old galvanized plumbing in his house as a wedding gift - they
showed in slacks and dress shirts and drank beer while me and an old
one legged Marine did the work. And I was a 5'10", 145lb geek.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Oh, I perfer Elijah Craig.

Not tried it, but you've got three years on Knob Creek - and it's hard
enough to find. Wild Turkey and Makers Mark are the most common in
these parts. (Plus all the gaud-awful cheap stuff.) Any small batch
12 year old named after a southern Baptist preacher has to be tried.
I'm heading down to the package store now. Just for a taste.

Greg G.