Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Clock Help

Ben Short wrote:
I have an Austrian type of clock with two brass weights (balls) that
hang down on two long chains. My wife has pulled these up too high and
the weights are right under the clock now and are tight to the clocks body.

Is it possible to get these both down, if so how please

Thanks

Ah.. how didI do it?

one way is to flick uup the chains link by link over the sprockets until
you can slide them down.. a bit of thin celluloid etc. may work.

ISTR as a kid removing the pendulum and going into warp speed by tugging
on the weights till I unjammed them so my dad never found out.