Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Suspended Drywall Ceiling

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
dpb wrote:

RickWeb wrote:
On Nov 11, 11:34 am, dpb wrote:
RickWeb wrote:

...some type of tape (Tuck Tape maybe) ...
WTH is "Tuck" tape???

Seems like lot of work for not a lot of gain over the
traditional way. Is there really any need for access other than
along a few plumbing runs?

--

Ever install foam board, vapor barrier or tyvek? Tuck tape is
used as a sealant here in Canada. It creates a water and air

Oh, ok, that's a north-of-the-border one...it's usually "Tyvek tape"
here even for 3M or somebody else's variety...

Tuck is a brand. They make a lot of different kinds of tape. We use
their masking tape at work for a particular assembly job because it
leaves no residue.

That is right. In my teens, 50 years ago, I worked in my fathers autobody
repair shop. I did all the painting prep work. We used Tuck brand masking
tape because of its low tack, especially as two and three toned (two and
three colours on a car) called for masking over fresh paint. Scotch tape was
used when we needed a high tack tape for masking over rubber and other
materials that often caused tape to release. So calling Tyvek or vapor
barrier tape "Tuck tape" is the same as using a brand name such as Kleenex
or Band-Aid, to describe a product. Other companies make these products
also.