Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Suspended Drywall Ceiling

RickWeb wrote:
On Nov 11, 11:34 am, dpb wrote:
RickWeb wrote:

...some type of tape (Tuck Tape maybe) ...

WTH is "Tuck" tape???

Seems like lot of work for not a lot of gain over the traditional way.
Is there really any need for access other than along a few plumbing runs?

--

Ever install foam board, vapor barrier or tyvek? Tuck tape is used as
a sealant here in Canada. It creates a water and air tight seal

Oh, ok, that's a north-of-the-border one...it's usually "Tyvek tape"
here even for 3M or somebody else's variety...

As for access, all my wires for sound and video projection run along
the ceiling also.

I don't know, I can't get excited over slab sheetrock in lieu of other
panels as being any step forward but suit yourself...it'll be a pita
when it does come time to get to whatever it is that needs access methinks.

You could build the frame like you've outlined (but a lot less stout, to
boot) and use standard ceiling panels that are a whole lot lighter,
better sound isolation and less likely to break and/or chip and shed
sheetrock dust all over if you're goal is simply not have the t-bar.