Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G. Greg G. is offline

Default O/T: One Down

J. Clarke said:

Greg G. wrote:

At one time, they served a purpose and helped improve conditions for
some mightily downtrodden workers. Self-serving thugs are not
something I cater too, however. Even the NEA is suspect at this point.

If you mean the teacher's union and not the Federal arts supporter, they've
been suspect forever. I remember when I was a kid, the day before they went
on strike, my algebra teacher told the class "we're striking to improve
education, not for more money".

I have acquaintances who are teachers and a good friend who is a
professor of microbiology so I've not put them in the same class as
the cock worker's union.

Standing up for principles has bitten me in the ass more times that I
care to count, and I don't seem to ever learn from my... mistakes?
The minute ANY arm twisting starts I become immotile and my middle
digit seems to stand to attention on it's own. As for your final
quandary, I suspect it's that latter as well.

I've done myself out of a couple of good paying jobs with good benefits that
way. Also missed out on a couple of good women.

Big Sigh Ditto.
But at least I still have my finger to keep me warm.

Greg G.