Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G. Greg G. is offline

Default O/T: One Down

J. Clarke said:

diggerop wrote:
A union rep on a membership drive would a hard time
convincing workers to join up for better pay and conditions when the
people he is talking to are on incomes of $130 - $160,000 p.a. work 2
weeks on and two weeks off, get flown to and from the site in jet
aircraft, get everything provided at work, - food, clothing,
entertainment.
The most common expression a union rep would hear on a minesite these
days would go something like, "**** off, you parasite *******"
..... or even something impolite.... : )

Holy crap did _I_ ever go into the wrong field.

That's what I was thinking... Do they hire old farts over 50?
I've wanted to live in Oz for decades - just for a change of pace.

Greg G.