Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which wall plug

slider wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
Andy Dingley wrote:
SNIP

For Fischer plugs I mostly use the simple S, just because it's a
tougher plastic version of everyday cheap plugs. The SX are good in
funny moulded blocks with holes in. The UX replace the old squashy
rubber tubes for clamping to the back of things and are the closest
thing to a truly universal wallplug.

Have you tried the Rawlplug Uno? A universal plug, but a fraction
of the cost of Fischer.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Dave, what are the different colours for? I see on SF website there
are Red, Brown, Blue and Yellow.

Different sizes. Yellow 5mm, red 6mm, brown 7mm, blue don't know never used
them.

80% of the time I use the red ones. The yellows are handy when fixing those
annoying things that have two holes in close proximity. Browns for heavier
duty.

They do a selection box
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/32796/...ket-560-Pieces
which is quite often on offer in the depots at half price.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk