Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Parcels

Davey wrote:
Was reading with interest the thread about letter boxes. Moving on
from that, I buy quite a lot off stuff from eBay or online stores,
and due to everyone being at work in the day, I have to get it sent
to my folks house. They're retired, but I'd like to stop this as the
postman often get's them out of bed in the mornings.

I have always wondered if there is a service which you can pay for to
receive your parcels and you just go and pick them up when you are
available. I've looked into getting a P.O. box, but the royal mail
state they won't take in packages from other couriers, so it's no use.

Any ideas?

I think there is a business oppourtunity here, what with the growth in
interweb shopping and working spouses.

I were working outside a house last week & watched the postie fail to
deliver 3 of 4 packets to various houses. he reckoned it was over 50%
failure rate & was getting worse.

There was a company trying to organise a parcel holding service, they had a
collection point matching my postcode, but it was right at the other end of
the towns.

DHL have gone some way to solving the problem by having part time agents who
deliver during the evenings in small local areas.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk