Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Villa Bob Villa is offline

Default The Kitchen Sink

On Nov 11, 7:12*am, Ken wrote:
CommanderCody wrote:
howdy all,

I'm about to have a new stainless steel sink installed, the old one is
stainless also. *On the bottom of the old sink it looks like it was
covered with the same material used as undercoating on cars. *A rough
surface of black coating of some kind.

I assume it is there to prevent condensation from forming on the
bottom side of the sink(s) and dripping down onto the base cabinet.

The new sink is uncoated. *Do I need to apply this type of coating?
If so where can I get it?

Thanks for any help.

C~C

* * * * I believe that is exactly the purpose for the coating, to prevent
condensation. *I would think you could spray on an insulation from a can
and achieve the same thing if it is not on the new sink.

It is to deaden sound. If it was for condensation...the sides would
also be covered.
I have never heard or seen of moisture forming under a SS sink (as a
problem).

bob_v