Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Chemicals?

On Nov 10, 11:02*pm, "Jim" nospam@wherever wrote:
*Hello,

* * * Often I see several substances such as cleaners, fertilizers,
pestisides etc. all have the same ingredients but go under a different
name.Given that we are charged based on the application...IE: my swimming
pool cartridge cleaner product bought from a pool supply house is 7 bucks a
bottle......on investigation of it's contents I see it is nothing more than
isopropal alcohol and can buy a dozen for the same price...My question or
perhaps a suggestion is someone should come up with the exact ingredient
list of household products and put them on a website...Is there a wesbsite?

You dont know much, what pesticide has the same ingrediant as a
cleaner or fertiliser. Denatured alcohol is maybe 11$ a gallon, try
that and use the rest in your gas.