Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Chemicals?

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 23:02:40 -0600, "Jim" nospam@wherever wrote:
-snip-
name.Given that we are charged based on the application...IE: my swimming
pool cartridge cleaner product bought from a pool supply house is 7 bucks a
bottle......on investigation of it's contents I see it is nothing more than
isopropal alcohol and can buy a dozen for the same price...My question or
perhaps a suggestion is someone should come up with the exact ingredient
list of household products and put them on a website...Is there a wesbsite?

Don't know of a general website-- but for the pool stuff there are a
couple of chemists who hang out at the pool&spaforum.
http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?
[Chem geek, and Nitro in the hot tub chemistry forum- I imagine
someone covers the pool chemistry]

They've simplified and 'cheepified' my hot tub maintenance to
practically nothing.

Jim